[Osmf-talk] Toward resolution of controversies related to iD

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 09:52:48 UTC 2020

Am Do., 11. Juni 2020 um 04:21 Uhr schrieb Allan Mustard <allan at mustard.net
>:

> Another perspective on this is that the processes are not always applied
> to all tags, and thus the developers have to make choices under
> circumstances in which no clear majority favors one tag over other options.

my opinion on these situations is that the developers could

1. present the alternatives and let the users choose, or
2. not add a preset for this thing at this time, and wait for a community
consensus to evolve.

They could also ask the community to start a process (proposal) so that a
community solution may be found sooner.

>   The developers have asked for a mechanism to adjudicate disputes that
> takes them out of the line of fire.  I see nothing wrong with either that
> request or the Board's acceptance of that task

yes, thank you for taking action, both, the developers and the board.

Cheers
Martin