[Osmf-talk] Proposed v2 of the Local Chapters Agreement, hopefully leading to OSMUS as a LC

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Jun 24 09:19:51 UTC 2020

General remark wrt non-profits regulation varies really widely between
territories, and the same terms (for example charity) tend imply a
widely varying range of regulation, and misunderstandings about the
status of the organisations tend to be the norm and not the exception.

The LC agreement tries to not be all too prescriptive in that respect
(because of the wide variation), but the same goes in the other
direction too. Just because one specific kind of transaction is not
possible because one LC made a lucky strike (far more lucky than for
example the Linux Foundation which is obviously an organisation with a
similar purpose but donations are not tax deductible), doesn't mean that
the principles of the relationships need to cater for every local quirk.

Simon