[Osmf-talk] Typo found! OSMF Associate members | Re: Proposed v2 of the Local Chapters Agreement, hopefully leading to OSMUS as a LC

Rory McCann rory.mccann at osmfoundation.org
Wed Jun 24 11:10:55 UTC 2020

On 24/06/2020 12:28, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> 4. If either party terminates this agreement, the terminated party can appeal this at the terminating party’s next general meeting. The agreement is reinstated if a vote of (i) the terminated party's membership, and (ii) any other person who would be entitled to vote for the board of the terminating party (or similar body) if such a vote was held at the same time
>
> Does that mean that if there is a local chapter with 5000 members, a
> vote will be held in which all OSMF members *plus* all of these 5000
> members ("the terminated party's membership") have a vote? And as long
> as these 5000 members agree that their chapter should remain a local
> chapter, it will always be so unless the OSMF manages to grow to 5000
> members?

Oops, you found a typo. That should be “(i) the terminating party's
membership”.

The purpose of this is to allow OSMF normal members & associate members
to vote on whether to reinstate a LC. Initially the language just said
“the terminating party's membership”. OSMF's associate members are not
members as per the UK Companies Act, so I put that bit in. Our corporate
counsel spotted that.

Rory