[Osmf-talk] OpenCoronaMap online

Seán Lynch seanlynch at umail.ucc.ie
Thu Mar 26 11:25:13 UTC 2020

Hi,

I wrote to trademarks in July 2018 but nobody replied.

I was not aware that anyone owns "open" or "map" or that I needed
permission from anyone to democratize access to data on permanent global
pollution in the best way that I know possible.

map
<https://openlittermap.com/world/The%20Netherlands/Zuid-Holland/Wassenaar/map>

open data
<https://openlittermap.com/world/The%20Netherlands/Zuid-Holland/Wassenaar/map>

I have always proactively engaged with and supported OSMF, but look at your
attitude, it's horrible. Because of the "support" I have received here, I
withdrew my yearly donation and I increasingly engage on this email list as
little as possible.

Good luck encouraging more people to develop open science....

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 11:11, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 26.03.20 11:47, Seán Lynch wrote:
> > The last time I wrote to this email list I was threatened with legal
> > action for "infringing" on the OSM trademark
>
> Are you writing to tell us that you now respect our friendly request to
> not use "open-XYZ-map" domains without our consent
> (https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Trademark_Policy), or are you
> writing to tell us to go fuck ourselves and that you can do what you
> want anyway?
>
> Bye
> Frederik
>
> --

https://openlittermap.com @OpenLitterMap (Fb, Tw, Ig)
M.Sc. Coastal & Marine Environments (NUIG, 2015)
M.Sc. GIS & Remote Sensing (UCC, 2014)
B.A. Geography & Economics (UCC, 2011)
ie.linkedin.com/in/seanlynchgis