[Osmf-talk] OpenCoronaMap online

Seán Lynch seanlynch at umail.ucc.ie
Fri Mar 27 13:22:27 UTC 2020

Hi Steven,

Epidemiology is new to me, however there are remarkable similarities
between litter mapping and corona mapping. I already have a methodology
incl iOS and android apps to facilitate litter mapping at a global scale in
hyper resolution across space and time and I have simply replaced litter
with corona symptoms as identified by the WHO.

We are planning a design sprint soon with theladder.io, an Irish non profit
accelerator, where we hope to hear from domain experts to overcome some of
the issues you have identified.

You can find terms and privacy policy, but they are a bit of a copy paste
job and in need of some legal advice.
https://opencoronamap.com/terms
https://opencoronamap.com/privacy

The downloads are not available yet, but they will follow the OpenLitterMap
framework, licensed by ODbL

Simply finish any URL with /download to access OLM data following this
syntax for any location where data exists

City
https://openlittermap.com/en/maps/The%20Netherlands/Zuid-Holland/Wassenaar/download

State
https://openlittermap.com/en/maps/The%20Netherlands/Zuid-Holland/download

Country
https://openlittermap.com/en/maps/The%20Netherlands/download

Notice too you can access grid & behavioural maps at the city layer

https://openlittermap.com/en/maps/The%20Netherlands/Zuid-Holland/Wassenaar/map

https://openlittermap.com/en/world/Ireland/County%20Cork/Skibbereen%20Urban/map

As stated many times over the years, once this work achieves a basic level
of support I look forward to releasing the code as open source but
unfortunately we are now at 3+ years of constant rejections after 10+ years
research and over €100,000 personal investment on my part but
unsurprisingly governments and corporations, and worryingly- open data
advocates, don’t seem too concerned about the development of technology to
radically change our understanding of and ability to respond to permanent
global pollution.

Instead many people around the world are only too happy to be tricked into
creating low quality closed data to protect polluting industries financed
by the trump administration.

If you know of any organisations interested in supporting those pioneering
high quality open data on pollution I would love to hear from them

Thanks!