[Osmf-talk] Possible vote on membership prerequisites

Michael Cheng m at priorart.io
Tue Nov 3 04:17:42 UTC 2020

Seems like the best way to combat fraud is to pass a resolution that says
"no fraud, please" instead of one that says "no members that the board
doesn't approve of"?

Presuming that there is a delta between the fraudsters and the innocent OSM
community members who don't meet the board's requirements, aren't we
unnecessarily disenfranchising a bunch of folks who did nothing wrong?

I think we should focus on detailing the elements of a "no fraud, please"
type resolution (which appears to be the substance of the other threads)
before we disenfranchise what is probably a large contingent of users and
low volume contributors.