[Osmf-talk] Possible vote on membership prerequisites

Kathleen Lu kathleen.lu at mapbox.com
Mon Nov 2 17:56:53 UTC 2020

Hi Tobias,
In that case, might I suggest that you frame this as a nonbinding
resolution, for the membership to indicate support (or not) for such
exploration, with no pre-determined outcome.
It is entirely possible that after a more thorough legal and community
review, either the Board or MWG might come to view such a proposal as
legally fraught, logistically unworkable, or undesirable for some other
reason. There is also the possibility that some emergency might require the
Board's full attention on other matters. A legally binding resolution could
tie up resources in suboptimal ways.
Best,
Kathleen