[Osmf-talk] Freemap Slovakia Local Chapter application

Joost Schouppe joost at osmfoundation.org
Mon Nov 23 09:18:33 UTC 2020

Hi Roland,

We in the Board had similar concerns and asked a few questions on the
topic. Info here is from March 2020.

* What's the current membership count? (“~10 (2018 data)”). How many people
are "voting members"? How many people are going to "gradate" to voting
members over the next year or so? Do you usually apply this method or are
members usually integrated sooner by board decision?

*> membership count oscilates around 10-15 members with voting rights
and2-3 registered members (some of them should become regular members,
butthe overall number is still low). we struggle to get more members, butso
are other NGOs (wikimedia, other open source initiatives)*

* Is this "delayed voting rights" common in Slovak organisations?

*registered and full members difference is not regular, but also not
uncommon.*

* Is there a specific threat of take over you are worried about, or is this
more "just a precaution"?

*other features (like that GA must be in Slovakia) also comefrom bad
experiences from other organizations. since there are onlya handfull of
members, it's mainly a precaution.*

I'll suggest to the Freemap people to chime in here directly.

Best,
Joost