[Osmf-talk] OSM Uganda Local Chapter application

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Nov 26 12:50:08 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 26.11.20 10:46, Blake Girardot wrote:
> OSM Uganda is my idea of a success story.

Sicne you wrote this in reply to Craig Allan's post - just to be very
clear on this point: You see no issues with granting local chapter
status to a commercial organisation with the main chartered purpose of
providing paid services?

Or do you want to say that OSM Uganda is a bona fide nonprofit, and that
it sounds like a commercial organisation is due to the "The vagaries of
Ugandan organizations" that you "do not pretend to understand"?

In the latter case, perhaps we could ask an independent person from
Uganda to judge whether what we have before us sounds like the average
nonprofit in Uganda.

I found Craig's comments rather convincing; I'd rather not give local
chapter status to a commercial GIS consultancy. But I'd be happy to
listen to someone who *does* understand the vagaries of Ugandan
organizations.

Bye
Frederik