[Osmf-talk] Africa as a training ground was RE: google Open Buildings usage request

Enock Seth Nyamador enockseth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 12:12:05 UTC 2021

> From conversations I've had with local mappers I think reality is they
> accept they need remote mappers to map the basic framework and to correct
> obvious errors in the map.

 So can someone preferably based in Africa think of a practical way to
> increase the numbers of mappers in Africa so they can take on more of the
> mapping?

This might not be a valid reason to use one net for an entire group of
people, what works in Ghana might not work in Togo or elsewhere. It might
not only be about mapping; what is the added value, what can I do beyond
mapping feature A or B.

Who gets to decide which companies or interest groups are unacceptable?  Is
> it just companies and organizations that we don't like?  I'm pretty sure
> this rule, if applied as stated, would exclude the vast majority of OSMF and
> local chapter board members.

I believe this community is 'open' to everyone, pointing out this or that
does not mean that a company or organization is not liked by someone /
community; if that is the assumption I beg to differ.

-Enock