[Osmf-talk] Microgrants conflict of interest: an apology

Allan Mustard allan at mustard.net
Tue Feb 2 15:23:54 UTC 2021

Most of the Board members have no ties to the applicants.  As pointed
out below, "...Had Joost and Mikel abstained from the vote, the outcome
would not have changed," so no damage to the Foundation or community was
done.

The applications for microgrants were vetted by a separate Microgrants
Committee, which operated independently.[1]  The Board's decisions were
based on that committee's recommendations combined with public
criteria.[2]  If anybody believes the Board acted in bad faith in its
decision, that person is welcome to raise such a belief at the next
Board meeting on February 26 during the guest comments portion of the
meeting, and it will be discussed.
cheers,
apm

[1] https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Microgrants/Committee