[Osmf-talk] OpenStreetMap Japan Local Chapter Application / OpenStreetMapJapanローカルチャプターアプリケーション

Hiroyuki Kimura h-kimura at k-side.net
Fri Feb 12 01:25:54 UTC 2021

(There is an automatic translation by DeepL in the second half)

こんにちは、OpenStreetMap Foundation Japan(以下 FJ)会員の浩之です。

まずは、このLC申請について、私は支持しています。尽力された方々に感謝します。

個人の見解として返信しています。

 > The exchanges on the modalities to become members seem to show that
they operate on co-optation approved not by the members but by the
directors (apparently 4 in number). This seems to me personally too
restrictive and perhaps explains why the structure has so few members
(16 individuals in total). Furthermore, how is the board elected and for
how long?

定款の第7条の続きをご覧ください、理事会は正当な理由がない限り入会を認めなければなりません(定款
Section 7.2)。
これだけでは誰でも入会できるとは言い難い条文ですが、過去に他の法人において判例が出ており、定款の目的と事業内容を鑑みて合理的な判断をすることが求められています。
私が判例の内容を読んだ範囲では、反社会的勢力からの入会などといった場合を除き、入会を拒否することはできないと解釈しています。
私の知る限りFJの入会を拒否された人はいません。

FJの会員が少ないことは明らかですが、その原因が入会プロセスにあるとは考えていません。
OSMF会員数においても、日本のマッパー数に比較して会員が少なく[1]、そこにヒントがあるのではないでしょうか。

FJの会員を増やすべく理事が活動を開始しており、この活動に協力して、より良い組織になると信じています。

また、理事について、理事は総会において選任され(定款 Section
23)、その任期は2年となっています(定款 Section 24)。
理事は希望者が立候補し、会員が投票することで選出されます。

 > Concerning the activities (called business) listed, there is
"Research and Development around OSM" which is not necessarily a classic
OSM chapter activity. What types of concrete activities can be concerned
under this name? Can it be the implementation of projects? In my
cultural sphere of Latin Europe, this would be rather excluded but not
fundamentally impossible, and knowing that there are commercial
activities implemented by Japanese companies within the framework of
research projects, the question deserves to be asked.

これはOSMコミュニティの参加者の活動の調査や分析やツール開発だと聞きました。
例えば、日本独自のベクトルタイルサーバー開発[2]などが挙げられると思います。
定款 Section 4
において英語では"Business"とありますが、この条文に書かれているものはFJが目的を達成するために行う活動を列挙した事項であり、一般的な利益を得るための商業活動の列挙とは異なることに注意してください。

浩之

-------------------

Hi, I am Hiroyuki, a member of OpenStreetMap Foundation Japan (FJ).

First of all, I support this LC application, and I thank all those who
have worked on it.

I am replying as my personal view.

 > The exchanges on the modalities to become members seem to show that
they operate on co-optation approved not by the members but by the
directors (apparently 4 in number). This seems to me personally too
restrictive and perhaps explains why the structure has so few members
(16 individuals in total). Furthermore, how is the board elected and for
how long?

Please see the rest of Article 7 of the Articles of Incorporation, the
Board of Directors must admit a person to membership unless there is a
valid reason (Articles of Incorporation Section 7.2). This is not enough
to say that anyone can be admitted to membership, but there have been
precedents in the past in other corporations, and a reasonable decision
is required in light of the purpose and business of the articles of
incorporation. As far as I have read the content of the case law, it is
my understanding that membership cannot be denied except in cases such
as membership from antisocial forces.
As far as I know, no one has ever been denied membership in FJ.

It is clear that FJ membership is low, but I don't believe the cause is
in the membership process.
Even in the number of OSMF members, the number of members is small
compared to the number of mappers in Japan[1], and there may be a clue
there.

Our board members are starting to work to increase FJ's membership, and
I believe that we will become a better organization by helping them in
this effort.

Board are elected by the General Assembly (Section 23 of the Articles of
Incorporation) for a term of two years (Section 24 of the Articles of
Incorporation).
(Section 24 of the Articles of Incorporation). The Board of Directors is
elected by candidates who wish to run for the position, and by a vote of
the membership.

 > Concerning the activities (called business) listed, there is
"Research and Development around OSM" which is not necessarily a classic
OSM chapter activity. What types of concrete activities can be concerned
under this name? Can it be the implementation of projects? In my
cultural sphere of Latin Europe, this would be rather excluded but not
fundamentally impossible, and knowing that there are commercial
activities implemented by Japanese companies within the framework of
research projects, the question deserves to be asked.

I was told that this is a survey and analysis of the activities of the
OSM community participants and tool development.
For example, the development of Japan's own vector tile server [2].
In Section 4 of the Articles of Incorporation, the word "Business" is
used in English, but please note that what is written in this article is
a list of activities that FJ does in order to achieve its objectives,
and is different from a general list of commercial activities for profit.

ーーー

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/diary/395012
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Japan/OSMFJ_Tileserver