[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] Survey coming

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 10 20:19:42 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-10 20:20, Allan Mustard wrote:
> Maarten,
>
> You will need a token to take the survey.  It will not be previewed.
> That would spoil the fun 😉 OSM is supposed to be fun, right?
> Besides, Lime Survey has no preview capability, and pre-circulating a
> PDF copy makes absolutely no sense from a data collection point of
> view.

That all sounds a bit mysterious, hush-hush and secretive to me. Not at
all in line with OSM foundations. I never enjoy filling in surveys (that
may be different for you or others, but don't assume own beliefs to be
general) so in general I don't care much for them or fill them in "just
because there is one".
I do hope there will be some form of "this is what the survey is about"
prior to releasing it.
Also just the fact alone that you announce it seems more to get a buzz
going than to be actually relevant to having a survey. You could just
have it translated and released when it's ready.

Regards,
Maarten