[Osmf-talk] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Call to Take Action and Confront Systemic Offensive Behavior in the OSM Community

Johann Haag johannhaag at hxg.at
Tue Jan 12 06:03:37 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Von: Johann Haag <johannhaag at hxg.at>
Date: Di., 12. Jan. 2021 um 06:44 Uhr
Subject: Re: [Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] Call to Take Action and Confront
Systemic Offensive Behavior in the OSM Community
To: Philippe Verdy <verdyp at gmail.com>

Am Mo., 11. Jan. 2021 um 21:31 Uhr schrieb Philippe Verdy <verdyp at gmail.com
>:

> Le lun. 11 janv. 2021 à 21:21, Johann Haag <johannhaag at hxg.at> a écrit :
>
>> Instead of pointing out local groups to OSM Wiki, granting their own
>> interpretations and their own administration rights, then this does not
>> make OpenStreetMap better, but we split OpenStreetMap into small kingdoms.
>> Local contributors are then no longer part of a global community, but
>> subordinates of local kings.
>>

> Yes but multiple "kings', so users have choices,

KaiRo was not elected and is not a local king but a governor appointed by
state geographers. Users therefore have no choice but to serve governors.

and the kings will need to cooperate. This means no more one "king", only
> many "princes", and less centralization in one kingdom where finally only
> one will rule and will decide on everything without any form of appeal.

So you are trying here to oblige local state geographers to cooperate more

> This occurs notably because the OSMF still has non independant mediation
> with ombudsmen without any privileges to decide, only to review and submit
> public recommendations; to be really indepenadnt these ombudsmlen also need
> their own dedicated domain, out of scope of admins in OSMF, the OSMF just
> publishing a charter that it will respect the work of ombudsmen and will
> not attempt to block thei work or their public statements to the community).

I miss the little mapper in this power game. If we create a system that
makes participation in OpenStreetMap attractive, then you don't have to
turn to government organizations for support.

Sorry for the direct words, I come from Austria and we speak our opinion
more directly. Since after eight years of participation in OSM, I have now
decided to transfer to another very successful cosmos,
https://goo.gl/maps/Y6FGjphow46oudGW7, I will not bother you here.

--
osm:beutifulplaces
Johann Haag/Austria