[Osmf-talk] openness of disputes / issues

Mario Frasca mario at anche.no
Thu Jan 28 15:56:43 UTC 2021

Dear Fellows,

I'm having difficulties with our issue management system, in particular
the issues we open on the DWG and who's in charge, and what's the status.

some of you may be aware I'm in Panamá, and I made some efforts to
create a local community of mappers, not particularly successful,
possibly clumsy.

more recently I tried to obtain support at requiring some minimal
openness around the YouthMappers Chapter YMUP at the Universidad de
Panamá, hoping to engage them with the rest of the community.

for this I've opened one issue (and by mistake a second one) with the
DWG, namely 2020120710000024 (and 2020122210000068) and all I understood
was that I should not insist.

I know that the YMUP Chapter, or possibly YouthMappers International, or
maybe Esri, I don't know, but I know that someone has complained about
my complaints, and I wish to know who, and in what terms.

on January 3rd we had a Zoom meeting (platform was not my choice),
meeting that derailed, and now our community has the difficult task to
learn from it, but without having access to the logs.  if I understood
correctly, an issue to the Foundation was opened on this base, and I
wonder what is the base.

it's my opinion, but I do not call this a proper handling of issues.

can we **demand** openness?

best regards,

Mario Frasca