[Osmf-talk] openness of disputes / issues

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Jan 28 21:18:16 UTC 2021

Mario,

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 12:57 PM Mario Frasca <mario at anche.no> wrote:

> I wasn't aware that my complaints about secrecy in all surroundings the
> YMUP Chapter was to be considered "private communications" that I
> couldn't expect to make public.
>
> as said, I was informed that some (-one-people-institutions-groups) had
> complained about some of my actions, and I would like to know who that
> was, in what terms they complained, but since it's as you say, that I
> "can't seriously expect that private communication be made public", I am
> not able to tell you how to review those complaints.
>
> I hope to share with others in my same area, also affected by the
> issues, details about the issues, so that they can tell me not to cacare
> il cazzo any more, as you are telling me, if I may speak freely.

I can understand why DWG keeps internal communications private - to protect
individuals. It appears they did contact you for more information since
your first message stated "but I know that someone has complained about my
complaints, and I wish to know who, and in what terms." You should respond
to the DWG with the information they may have requested. But you should
also consider that your approach may have been upsetting. By modifying your
approach may yield better results. Right now my advice is to work with DWG
to resolve the complaint. The DWG has a good reputation with the community.

DWG does publish quarterly summaries of their work at
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Data_Working_Group

Best,
Clifford

--