[Osmf-talk] Board decision on initial composition of the Software Dispute Resolution Panel

Allan Mustard allan at mustard.net
Sun Jan 31 16:56:46 UTC 2021

I believe everybody on this list is aware that in countries with
independent judiciaries, the executive branch of government appoints
judges to positions in the judicial branch, but does not influence their
decisions, and the judges operate independently. It is not inconsistent
in that regard for the Board to appoint a dispute resolution panel that
will operate independently of the Board.

I remind all that this panel was created in response to a request from
the maintainers to handle disputes and reduce or eliminate verbal abuse
of the maintainers.

cheers,
apm