[Osmf-talk] google Open Buildings usage request

osm.sanspourriel at spamgourmet.com osm.sanspourriel at spamgourmet.com
Fri Jul 30 11:09:25 UTC 2021

+1,

Artificial Intelligence may work well in areas matching the areas where
it has been trained.

Train an AI to analyse human beings and pets. Give it a picture of a
tiger, it will recognize a cat.

If you're a fan of AI, train one in Africa (if you are sure to make the
difference between a ant hill and a building, "nice" example).

Else, think about mapping parties using a task manager like CartONG or
HOT, but look here:

https://tasks.hotosm.org/projects/10645/map/?editor=ID#background=Maxar-Standard&map=
<https://tasks.hotosm.org/projects/10645/map/?editor=ID#background=Maxar-Standard&map=17.00/13.59009/4.20170>15/13.5810/4.2004
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/13.5810/4.2004&layers=N>

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/13.5810/4.2004&layers=N
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/13.5810/4.2004&layers=N>

It's pretty clear that the difference between a path, a track or a road
is... not obvious.

Avoid to import, use it as a help for integration.

Poor import is worse than no data.

Now we know we are missing data.

If you import we will have a mess, made in good faith but a mess anyway.

Jean-Yvon