[Osmf-talk] Draft Attribution Guidelines, possible vote at end of this month & new guidelines.

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Jun 25 07:12:33 UTC 2021

It also seems to me that it is a good one (warning: I am not a lawyer).

It makes clear that it is not replacement of actual license, so someone in less usual situation
may apply ODbL directly (see case of smartwatches that was mentioned).

My main worry is that
"fade attribution automatically after five seconds"
may be combined with a prominent branding suggesting that actual data source
is from some hosting company.

But there is
"Other attribution, logos, or text must not create any false or misleading impression
that OSM data is not from OSM."
so hopefully it will be enough to cover such cases.

----

Main feedback is that I would edit wiki page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2021v0.9
so that openstreetmap.org/copyright <http://openstreetmap.org/copyrighta> is an active link there

Jun 15, 2021, 22:29 by frederik at remote.org: