[Osmf-talk] Made with OpenStreetMap

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Nov 13 18:28:36 UTC 2021

Am 13. November 2021 17:16:08 MEZ schrieb Christopher Beddow <christopher.beddow at gmail.com>:
>I know we had previous discussions some years ago about a logo, only
>because I suggested this same idea and was told it was discussed before and
>did not materialize for various reasons.

The issue at the time was replacing required attribution with a logo. Not as suggested here, providing a logo as a voluntary  extra element. That is naturally possible, but potentially quite expensive if the OSMF wants to make it 'official'.

Simon

>I still support this idea and think it's great. I don't know what the
>constraints or complexities of making it happen are, but am curious.
>
>Esri and Mapbox both also have good looking logos on every web map, as
>inspiration. I especially like "powered by Esri" one.
>
>- Chris Beddow
>
>On Sat, Nov 13, 2021, 13:03 Heikki Vesanto <heikki.vesanto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I was recently making a map and came across the attribution page for
>> Natural Earth Data:
>>
>> https://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/terms-of-use/
>>
>> While they don't require any attribution, they have these nice looking
>> logos that say "Made with Natural Earth".
>>
>> The same concept was recently introduced into QGIS, you can easily add a
>> logo that says "made with QGIS": https://github.com/klakar/qgis_logo
>>
>> I think OpenStreetMap should have something similar on the copyright page.
>> A logo that says "Made with OpenStreetMap", and also includes the required
>> attribution verbiage. Might help make attribution something to be proud of
>> as well, instead of an afterthought.
>>
>> -Heikki

Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit Kaiten Mail gesendet.