[Osmf-talk] App damaging OSM data

Robert Grübler robgruebler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 18:39:38 UTC 2021

Am Di. 21.09.2021 09:58 schrieb Paul Berry pmberry2007 at gmail.com

> User education would probably be better, which will forever be an

> uphill battle, but it's not the editor.

Your enthusiasm for the iD is admirable (honestly, without irony). Unfortunately I have to disappoint you, it IS the editor. The user does everything right when splitting the ways, but the iD goes wrong. It massively scrambles the order of the members, not even the first member stays in its place. The problem can be reproduced well. See Issue #8578.

Robert