[osmosis-dev] CI-Server (Hudson) for Osmosis?

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Dec 10 09:53:19 GMT 2009

This is interesting timeing actually, I've been working towards this as
well.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FOSSGIS/Server/Projects/Osmosis_Continuous_Integration

Until recently I used to run Hudson on my own server at home.  It's offline
because I currently don't have net access at home.  But running on my own
server wasn't ideal, I'd prefer it to be hosted somewhere more public where
it's possible for someone else to jump in if I'm unavailable for some
reason.

As described in the above link, I've been granted access to the one of the
FOSSGIS servers.  I was planning to setup Hudson, and the two database
schemas required for unit/integration tests.  I would document all the
installation steps so that others could replicate or repeat the install if
necessary.

My old setup used to poll svn every hour or so and trigger a full build
including all unit tests.  It used to email the osmosis-dev list on
failure.  I'm hoping to do the same thing again.

So it's up to you whether you still wish to go ahead with your own server.
I hope to get the above project up and running on the FOSSGIS dev server in
the next week or so.  If you're willing to help out I can ask if there's a
way I can share admin responsibilities on the box.  If you'd sent this email
about two weeks earlier I would have been more than happy to use your
server, but now that I have access to this other one I'm keen to use it
because it has a number of other OSM projects hosted on it and seems a good
fit for Osmosis CI.

What were you hoping to do with JIRA?  Osmosis bugs are currently tracked on
the OSM Trac server http://trac.openstreetmap.org/.  It's probably clunky by
comparison to JIRA and I haven't been using it as much as I should have but
it is the standard way of tracking bugs in the OSM world.

Brett