[osmosis-dev] keyValueList option, and latest node versions

Simon Nuttall simon.nuttall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:58:32 BST 2011

Catching up with this old email...

To me it looks like the --tag-filter task makes the

--node-key
--node-key-value
--way-key
--way-key-value

tasks redundant as these appear to me to be equivalent:

osmosis ... --node-key keyList="k1,k2,..."
osmosis ... --tag-filter accept-nodes k1=*,k2=*,...

and

osmosis ... --node-key-value keyValueList="k1.v1,k1.v2,k2.v3,..."
osmosis ... --tag-filter accept-nodes k1=v1,v2,k2=v3,...

similarly for way-key and way-key-value options.

If this is so, I think it would be worth deprecating the
--(node|way)-key(-value)? tasks, and updating the wiki to say so.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Detailed_Usage#--node-key-value_.28--nkv.29

Simon / CycleStreets

Thread started:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmosis-dev/2010-July/thread.html