[osmosis-dev] keyValueList option, and latest node versions

Simon Nuttall simon.nuttall at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 23:39:43 BST 2011

On 19 August 2011 16:10, Andrew Byrd wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Yes, the tag filter is intended to provide more flexible filtering all
> within one task, but I think there was a decision not to unnecessarily
> remove any existing tasks.

Ah, yes of course that does make sense not to break existing systems
using that option.

> If the presence of several tag-based filtering tasks might cause confusion,
> we could always update the documentation to explain this situation without
> removing any tasks.

The --tag-filter is much more clearly documented (e.g. the escape
sequences) and does seem to provide a super-set of the
--(node|way)-key(-value)? filter tasks.

I wonder if the key and value tasks are internally re-written as a
tag-filter class ?
If so, the documentation could say that., and whether it is preferred
to use --tag-filter?

> -Andrew
>
> On 08/18/2011 11:58 AM, Simon Nuttall wrote:
>>
>> Catching up with this old email...
>>
>> To me it looks like the --tag-filter task makes the
>>
>> --node-key
>> --node-key-value
>> --way-key
>> --way-key-value
>>
>> tasks redundant as these appear to me to be equivalent:
>>
>> osmosis ... --node-key keyList="k1,k2,..."
>> osmosis ... --tag-filter accept-nodes k1=*,k2=*,...
>>
>> and
>>
>> osmosis ... --node-key-value keyValueList="k1.v1,k1.v2,k2.v3,..."
>> osmosis ... --tag-filter accept-nodes k1=v1,v2,k2=v3,...

Should have been:

osmosis ... --node-key-value keyValueList="k1.v1,k1.v2,k2.v3,..."
osmosis ... --tag-filter accept-nodes k1=v1,v2 k2=v3,...

(i.e. a space rather than comma in the tag-filter option between v2 and k2)

>> similarly for way-key and way-key-value options.
>>

>> If this is so, I think it would be worth deprecating the
>> --(node|way)-key(-value)? tasks, and updating the wiki to say so.
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Detailed_Usage#--node-key-value_.28--nkv.29
>>

>> Simon / CycleStreets
>>
>> Thread started:
>> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmosis-dev/2010-July/thread.html