[osmosis-dev] Move To Java 7

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Jun 4 13:28:56 UTC 2015

Given that I've just released 0.44.1, now seems like a good time to update
the minimum version.  I intend to update it to Java 7 going forward.  Java
8 has been out for some time now so it seems reasonable to drop support for
6.  It will allow use of new features such as try-with-resources which is
very useful for an app working with database connections, sockets and files.

I've been playing with a separate Java 7 branch for a while and will
probably merge it in over the next few days.  It was very satisfying being
able to delete a large number of convoluted catch blocks.
https://github.com/brettch/osmosis/tree/autoclose