[OSRM-talk] alternative route

Romain NKONGO romain.rnk49 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:10:14 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I've succeeded to add a new criterion called cyclability to OSRM, which is
associated with each edge in the graph. It is created in bicycle.lua file
and I managed to bring it all through the processing phase and to make a
mean value on each segment of the shortest path. In the JSON, I now have a
9th value for each element in route instructions and a mean value in route
summary.

Now I intend to add a bicriteria algorithm to the routing phase (based on
Label Setting). Such an algorithm would return multiple paths as results to
one viaroute query. The problem is the original implementation allows 2
routes at most to be returned.

Has anyone tried to increase the limit of routes returned? If not, what is
the condition for an alternative route and is there at least a way to force
OSRM to show an alternative route?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Romain NKONGO.