[OSRM-talk] Project-OSRM: In need of advice; can offer some commercial support to you/ your projects in return

Bjorn Madsen bm at multiagenttechnology.com
Tue Nov 24 14:20:16 UTC 2015

My name is Bjorn, and I'm the director at a commercial project that needs
something like the Open Source Routing Machine with Openstreet Map where
you both appear rather active. You can find a little bit about me on
linkedin <https://uk.linkedin.com/in/bmadsen> and Multi-Agent Technology
<http://www.multiagenttechnology.com/> London.

*Question*: The most pressing question I have is whether OSRM is suitable
for truck/lorry routing in its current state?

I have no need to visualize the map data. Only calculation of the path,
length and duration of the route for heavy goods vehicles for planning
purposes. This means that I need to check for constraints such as weight,
low bridges and width-limitations along the path.

If queries are as quick as on the demo-server for the osrm-project, then
time is on our side. In my lack insight, I imagine that this can be done in
iterations, where first a path is chosen for cars, which subsequently is
inspected for these constraints. If constraints are detected, alternatives
will need to by discovered. I'm sure you have better ideas?

I'm also on Google hangout (using this email) if you'd prefer to talk
instead of writing longer emails.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

--
Bjorn Madsen