[OSRM-talk] State of the Art - Dynamic Routing

Matthias Loeks matthias at loeks.net
Thu Oct 15 15:38:15 UTC 2015

Patrick,

thanks again for your explanations and opinions about dynamic updates to
the graph.

Being aware of the complex scenario that dynamic updates introduce, I'd
still like to think about the great features that it would allow for!
Implementing per-request dynamics to some extent would enable use cases
like traffic-based routing, disaster routing (avoiding locked down
roads), truck routing ... and much more.
Anything of these topics on the OSRM roadmap? ;-)

Of course, the "how" (to implement) is crucial here... Due to my lack of
knowledge about both CH and C++, I cannot offer help unfortunately.
I thought it has to be possible somehow, since GraphHopper offers this
traffic data integration thing [1], which might show the way how to do this?

Best,
Matthias

--
[1] - https://github.com/karussell/graphhopper-traffic-data-integration