[OSRM-talk] Build Fail: Could NOT find OSMPBF

Richard Marsden winwaed at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 02:21:52 UTC 2015

Is this the correct place to ask for help/support?

I am trying to build OSRM on an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS system.
I started with the install listed on the "Building on Ubuntu" page,
and followed that with the general instructions on the "Building OSRM"
page.

cmake fails with:

-- Looking for OSMPBF...
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108
(message):
  Could NOT find OSMPBF (missing: OSMPBF_LIBRARY OSMPBF_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/FindOSMPBF.cmake:46 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:283 (find_package)

It seems like I should either install OSMPBF or set one of those
variables somewhere?

Richard Marsden