[OSRM-talk] OSRM 5.0.0 Released

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Sat Apr 23 22:46:59 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

  You're probably remembering this ticket:
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/483

  We still haven't added support for this kind of restriction.

  Support for the `via node` restrictions exists because it maps fairly
directly to OSRM's internal data model.  All we have to do is remove the
corresponding edge-based-edge identified by the edge-node-edge values.

  For edge-edge-edge restrictions, we'll need a more complex graph to
represent a restricted intersection.  Instead of just removing the
restricted edge-based-edge, we'll need to replace the existing simple edges
with a set of synthetic edges that represent the permitted routes.  This is
quite a bit more involved than the current approach, and is the reason that
nobody has tackled it yet.

daniel

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com