[OSRM-talk] OSRM v5 Speed

Daniel Hofmann hofmann at mapbox.com
Tue Apr 26 10:24:30 UTC 2016

Yes we benchmarked v5 and v4 in

https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/2211

found some regressions and considerably improved v5 in

https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/pull/2241

Are you running the v5 release (and not a RC)?
What's your specific use-case?
If you enable steps and alternatives the response is larger than in v4 and
especially assembling all the GeoJSON objects / variants has some
allocation issues. If that's the case, try the Polyline format.

Daniel J H