[OSRM-talk] OSRM v5 Speed

James Grant james at grantzone.net
Wed Apr 27 19:59:02 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel

I'm running a release version of OSRM which I downloaded and compiled
from the instructions given.

The main thing I am after is the driving time and distance initially,
not interested in alternate route or anything else. In OSRM v4 using the
simpleclient.cpp as a base for my code, I used the following parameters:

                 // Set up the parameters required.
                 RouteParameters route_parameters;
                 route_parameters.zoom_level = 18;           // no
generalization
                 route_parameters.print_instructions = false; // turn by
turn instructions
                 route_parameters.alternate_route = false;    // get an
alternate route, too
                 route_parameters.geometry = false;           //
retrieve geometry of route
                 route_parameters.compression = false;        //
polyline encoding
                 route_parameters.check_sum = -1;            // see wiki
                 route_parameters.service = "viaroute";      // that's
routing
                 route_parameters.output_format = "json";
                 route_parameters.jsonp_parameter = ""; // set for jsonp
wrapping

I did try and search in the source code for the equivalent, but couldn't
find the right source file. Found plenty of references to
parseParameters etc but nothing that I could say for definite were the
actual parameters.

Regards