[OSRM-talk] Breaking server API changes

Patrick Niklaus patrick.niklaus at student.kit.edu
Thu Feb 25 19:17:51 UTC 2016

Hey!

We are currently working on a new API that will follow the spec
specified at [1]. You can find the discussion about that here [2] (yes
that ticket is really 4 years old).

This means as soon as we merge the pull request into our develop
branch the demo server API will break. There is **no fallback** to the
old API. If you rely on the demo server for your service, implement
the new API spec NOW.

As you can see the API got a significant clean up, text identifiers
instead of implicit addressing and a consistent response structure for
all plugins.

We will work with upstream providers to get the new API format into
LRM before we do the switch.

Cheers,
Patrick

[1] https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/wiki/New-Server-api