[OSRM-talk] OSRM on iOS

Wojtek Wajerowicz osrm at wajerowi.cz
Fri Jul 29 21:16:14 UTC 2016

I was trying to compile OSRM as a static library for iOS, but failed at
trying to include the dependencies, specifically Thread Building Blocks
(https://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/).
Building TBB for armv7/iOS creates a .dylib dynamic library, which can't
be included ina static library for iOS.
If someone knows how to solve that problem, then it should be possible
to compile osrm for iOS.

Thanks,
Wojtek

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016, at 22:12, Wojtek Wajerowicz wrote:
> I was trying to compile OSRM as a static library for iOS, but  failed
> at trying to include the dependencies, specifically Thread Building
> Blocks(https://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/).
> Building TBB for armv7/iOS creates a .dylib dynamic library, which
> can't be included ina static library for iOS.
> If someone knows how to solve that problem, then it should be possible
> to compile osrm for iOS.
>
> Thanks,
> Wojtek
>

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2016, at 18:07, Daniel Hofmann wrote:
>> maps.me is using OSRM on mobile devices for offline routing :)
>>
>> https://github.com/mapsme/omim/tree/master/3party/osrm
>> (although v4.6 which is over a year old now and we strongly recommend
>> upgrading to a more recent stable release, since a lot moved in the
>> last couple of month)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel J H
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Jeff Thomson <jjthoms at me.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I was happy to see Arm support in the 5.3 release of OSRM. Has
>>> anyone successfully compiled libosrm for iOS, allowing offline
>>> routing inside apps?  Any tips for doing so would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Jeff