[OSRM-talk] Worldwide coverage of Osmose-QA

Daniel Hofmann hofmann at mapbox.com
Sun Jul 31 19:34:11 UTC 2016

> We are still open to contribution on analyser code or suggestion, on
somewhat poor documentation on the wiki, on translation or whatever else.

With the focus on guidance and lanes during the last weeks and months, here
are some cases I can think of.

- Lanes for roundabouts are a mess (ref.
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/pull/2693) - we looked into
this and came to the conclusion to not support lanes inside roundabouts or
do lane anticipation for lanes in roundabouts at this point in time. Maybe
we can come up with some automated checks here.
- Multiple lane markers on the same lane as in left;left|right (ref.
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/pull/2697) - you probably have
to check this in detail as in: are there situations and/or countries where
it makes sense to have multiple times _the same_ lane marker on a single
lane.
- Advanced lane features depend on lane information right before the turn
(e.g. Lane Anticipation ref.
https://twitter.com/ericg/status/757887419530248192), maybe an automated
check could test if there is lane information on/after e.g. motorway links
but not directly before them as per the lane tagging scheme.
- Lane access tag values not matching turn lane tag values.
- Impossible or strange lane configurations such as the left most lane
turning to the right crossing straight/none lanes (in right-sided driving
countries).
- Roundabout mis-tagging (ref.
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/2716): max. radius /
outlier nodes in roundabout way.

These are the issues I can recall from the last weeks.

Hope that helps,
Daniel J H