[OSRM-talk] hsgr error after many requests

Steven M. Ottens steven at minst.net
Fri Mar 18 21:14:13 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm busy trying to build a program that, given a road network, a series
of villages and a series of POIs will calculate the time to the nearest
POI for each village. There are 215000 villages and 85000 POIs, so I
split the region in smaller squares to speed up the process, I end up
with 500 squares and for each square I get the villages within the
square and the POIs within a buffer around the square. I run these two
through osrm.table to get the time to the nearest POI.

This works fine and my server slowly chugs along until at some point
(after 15 minutes and a hundred+ squares) I get this error:

TypeError: hsgr input file misses magic number. Check or reprocess the file

I find this weird since I have done the entire set before (with a less
elegant approach, but with the same *.osrm* files) and why does this
error only show up after a while.

If anyone has any insights I'd be much obliged,

Steven