[OSRM-talk] hsgr error after many requests

Daniel Hofmann hofmann at mapbox.com
Sat Mar 19 09:14:23 UTC 2016

Hm that sounds strange to me, too. What you're seeing is a failure in
matching the first couple of bytes (which represents a fingerprint).

When you say

> I find this weird since I have done the entire set before (with a less
elegant approach, but with the same *.osrm* files)

could it be that you ran osrm-extract / osrm-prepare (in develop branch now
named osrm-contract) on .pbf files while on osrm-backend version N.
And now you updated osrm-backend to version N+x but you're still feeding it
the old .osrm files? This is so far the only way I can see this happening.

Can you try reproducing the issue by running the toolchain on your .pbf
extract.
That is put away the .osrm files for a moment and generate fresh ones.
Then run osrm-routed / node-osrm.

Cheers,
Daniel J H