[OSRM-talk] Debugging map

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Sat Mar 19 21:36:26 UTC 2016

Hi Frédéric,

    1) The speed shown on the map not the original value applied to the <way>, but rather it is the duration of the segment, divided by the length of the segment.  OSRM internally uses the duration, but the map is showing speed for convenience.  There might be a rounding error in there somewhere calculating the speed.  I've added some code to expose the duration value, which is precise, we'll add it to the map in the near future.

    2) Internally, edge-based-graph only has one node for each road between intersections, no matter how many small segments it has.  We need to store the small segments once, as they're necessary to draw the route line, but they do no really contribute a huge amount to memory footprint.  The ".geometry" and ".fileIndex" files both increase as new segments get added, but if the total number of intersections remains the same, other files will not grow.

daniel