[OSRM-talk] routing with GPUs or mapD

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Thu Mar 31 22:06:31 UTC 2016

Bjorn,

  This paper outlines one approach that is very fast:

  http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~rwerneck/papers/DKW14-crp-gpu.pdf <http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~rwerneck/papers/DKW14-crp-gpu.pdf>

  and there are others:

  https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/0c17/805ab324006d40a8dd37d3550815824498fb.pdf <https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/0c17/805ab324006d40a8dd37d3550815824498fb.pdf>
  http://research.ijcaonline.org/volume72/number18/pxc3889386.pdf <http://research.ijcaonline.org/volume72/number18/pxc3889386.pdf>
  http://public.lanl.gov/sunil/pubs/ipdps14.pdf <http://public.lanl.gov/sunil/pubs/ipdps14.pdf>

  The Contraction Heirachy approach that OSRM uses is not all that amenable to GPU acceleration unfortunately.

daniel