[OSRM-talk] OSRM 5.4.0

Daniel Hofmann hofmann at mapbox.com
Tue Oct 4 13:51:31 UTC 2016

We just released OSRM v5.4.0. This release's focus is on Guidance and
improved lane support which we introduced in v5.3.

Some selected highlights:
- Better classification for Roundabout Turns and roundabouts in general
- Improved sliproad detection
- Improved turn penalty function fit to real data
- Support for Lane Access Tags
- Handling designated HOV Lanes
- Improved Lane Anticipation for subsequent quick lane changes
- Name change detection heuristic reducing the number of instructions
- Eliding instructions for quick turns in Staggered Intersections
- More aggressive instruction collapsing
- Limiting merge instructions to Motorways

Full Changelog is available over at:
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#540)

Get the v5.4.0 release and feel free to report back your experience using
it:
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/releases/tag/v5.4.0

This release was made possible by contributions from (in no particular
order):

Konstantin Käfer
Moritz Kobitzsch
Patrick Niklaus
Daniel J. Hofmann
Karen Shea
Michael Krasnyk
Daniel Patterson
Johan Uhle
Konstantin Shalnev
Lauren Budorick
Gavin Sherry
Dane Springmeyer
Lev Dragunov
Frédéric Rodrigo
Sandra Thieme

As usual, a corresponding node-osrm release with npm binaries will follow
in the next hours.

Cheers,
Daniel J H