[OSRM-talk] Getting route directions from match endpoint

Wojtek Wajerowicz osrm at wajerowi.cz
Fri Feb 17 08:51:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use OSRM (via node bindings) to get turn by turn
directions for a track from .gpx file. I'm able to get a match with good
confidence(the .gpx was pretty much snapped to roads beforehand).
However, each point I'm trying to match is also treated as a
waypoint(that's how I understand it at least), so the route is split
into a lot of steps, each of them only with 'depart' and 'arrive'
instructions.  I can filter out those, but because quite a few of them
are on an actual turn, I'm missing actual turn instructions. I tried
taking every n-th point from .gpx, but it was either still missing some
turns or the route was not the same as in the .gpx.

Does anyone have any hint how to disable 'arrive' and 'depart'
instructions for each waypoint, or remove the waypoints from the matched
route all together, as I only need the turn-by-turn directions for the
whole route?

Thanks for your help.

Wojtek