[OSRM-talk] routing profile tracktype

Daniel Hofmann hofmann at mapbox.com
Wed Mar 8 14:51:19 UTC 2017

Have a look at profiles/lib/handlers.lua - in there you will find handlers
for certain situations, for example here for surfaces

https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/5.6/profiles/lib/handlers.lua#L275-L293

All handlers are getting called in order here

https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/master/profiles/foot.lua#L200-L240

and exit early if a handler returned false

https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/5.6/profiles/lib/handlers.lua#L505-L511

You can either add your own handler discarding ways completely or better
penalize such ways by setting a high weight.
Then the routing engine will always find a way but prefer ways with your
tracktype criteria.

Here's the Lua `result`'s attributes
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/master/src/extractor/scripting_environment_lua.cpp#L309-L350

Make sure to test your profile locally on small extracts and / or in the
debug map.

Hope this helps as a start.

Cheers,
Daniel J H