[OSRM-talk] Customized Route Planning using OSRM

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Thu Aug 16 14:58:42 UTC 2018

Hi Nida,

  Not out of the box.  OSRM focuses on fast route calculation by generating
pre-calculated "speed up graphs" (either CH or MLD).  The pre-calculation
locks in place many of the choices made for routing, and makes things like
you describe impossible.

  Patrick has an experimental branch that implements A* which would unlock
some of this flexibility (at the cost of query speed) here:
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/tree/algorihm/astar

  but it's incomplete.  It's likely a lot more work would need to be done
to support the feature you describe.

daniel