[OSRM-talk] Weird behaviour of Turn-restriction in OSRM

Xavier Prudent prudentxavier at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:18:56 UTC 2018

Dear all,

This is my first project with OSRM and OSM.

I experience a very troubling behaviour of the turn restriction with osrm.

I edit an osm map and want to remove any possible u-turn or left turn.

If you look at this map, and look for the point #22

https://civiliagroupeconseil-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/xprudent_civilia_ca/EXFdH132gY1Pk38xz54uN08BL87-xayY1WC7jLMTP9axHQ?e=UkCpL6

I give you here a zoom on the Rue Perras. You can see a u-turn is done on
this street by osrm

https://civiliagroupeconseil-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/xprudent_civilia_ca/ETEmfFrTyIdGrWPwALg-jNMBLhFNB78b068x8ceNRqOw5g?e=YA8dOT

But the rue Perras in the JOSM editor forbids left turns, as shown here

https://civiliagroupeconseil-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/xprudent_civilia_ca/Ef2rIh5MZ1VNnxrLxcTUkwgB1lJ0d_rTPcfBTH94I3BzCg?e=pd09Va

and adding u-turns don't change anything. That is troubling as this
procedure works on many intersections, but not for a couple of others ?!?

Here is the OSM map I edit

https://civiliagroupeconseil-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/xprudent_civilia_ca/Ef2rIh5MZ1VNnxrLxcTUkwgB1lJ0d_rTPcfBTH94I3BzCg?e=StlweD

Being a newbie, I must have overlooked something important.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Xavier
--

*Xavier Prudent *

*Data Scientist  - Data Mining - Machine Learning*

Web    :* www.xavierprudent.com <http://www.xavierprudent.com>*
Tel (Québec)      : (514) 668 76 46
Skype : xavierprudent