[OSRM-talk] Allowing trunk roads for foot and bicycle directions in the British Isles.

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Sun Apr 25 06:40:33 UTC 2021

The missing piece is OSRM following the guidelines outlined here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access_restrictions

Practically, here's what needs to happen:

  1. Someone needs to make a GeoJSON file with these country boundaries,
and set properties on them that describe the access defaults.
  2. Use the `--location-dependent-data` flag to `osrm-extract` so the
properties are available to the Lua scripts setting access rules
  3. Update the Lua scripts to know what to do when the location-dependent
properties are present.

I have enough time to write this down as a guideline for someone, but not
enough spare time to actually go ahead and do it :-/

daniel