[Potlatch-dev] Using tags of gpx tracks

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 11:11:02 GMT 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Martin Garbe
<martin.garbe at uni-rostock.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when uploading gpx tracks to osm you can also tag your track.
> Some time ago I read that there is a plan to use these tags in potlatch to
> color the gpx tracks differently. Was this only an idea or is this features
> already implemented but I could not find it?

Only an idea, as far as I'm aware, and not one I've heard of before.
If you're interested in making this work then I'd suggest looking at
potlatch2 - it has a flexible styling system and I don't think it
would be a huge amount of coding to make this work - the Trace objects
store the tags, and the tags would need to be passed through to the
objects in the VectorLayer to trigger the styling mechanisms.

It's worth pointing out that this would only work for traces loaded
via the MyGPX dialog - I don't think that the main GPX api (for
downloading all traces in an area) supplies any tagging information.

Cheers,
Andy