[Potlatch-dev] API documentation

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 11:21:57 GMT 2010

Hi devs,

Two weeks ago I added asdoc support to Halcyon / Potlatch2. You can
generate API documentation using ant

  ant docs

or you can read the ones that Dave automatically generates at

http://random.dev.openstreetmap.org/potlatch2/docs/

There's scant documentation available, but we're slowly working on it.
I'm aiming to document each part of Halcyon as I go along, since it
should be possible (in theory) to work on the Potlatch2 code without
having to dig into the Halcyon source code every time you want to call
a Halcyon function. Also, Halcyon is more likely to be used (at some
point down the line) as a standalone rendering library, at which point
docs become crucial[1]

Writing the api documentation is straightforward, for full details see:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=asdoc_1.html

If there's anyone who wants to see any particular part of the code
documented, let me know and I'll sort it out.

Cheers,
Andy

[1] Anyone want to promote this? I assume generating .swc files would
make things more useful for other projects.