[Potlatch-dev] P2 oauth

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 13:20:46 BST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM, NopMap <ekkehart at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have been trying to reset the oauth authentication in order to do it again
> and describe the english dialogs in a German Howto.
>
> Unfortunately I did not succeed. I removed the oauth entry from my OSM
> account and I tried creating a new dummy user, but P2 still does not ask for
> authentication when I start it. But it now asks for a password when
> uploading data so work has become cumbersome.
>
> How can I remove the oauth key from P2 so it starts it from scratch?

The OAuth stuff is a bit cumbersome. The access key+secret are stored
in a flash cookie and are global per-.swf, so switching between
servers (api06 vs live) or consumer keys causes lots of hassle.

Short term fix - clear your flash cookies at
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Long term fix - p2 will store credentials
per-api-server-plus-consumer-key instead of globally.

Cheers,
Andy