[Potlatch-dev] Potlatch 2.3
richard at systemeD.net
Fri Sep 30 18:29:17 BST 2011
New version is now in my github and will hopefully be on osm.org before
Major changes for users:
* Potlatch 2 now requires Flash Player 10.
* The Simple tag editor has been rearranged: fewer tabs, tabs have icons.
Major changes for people running custom instances:
* Simple tag editor changes as above. Icons are currently hard-coded,
but that'll change.
* Inputs can now be assigned to a subcategory as well as a category.
This renders as a disclosure panel within a category. This is a great
place to put lesser-used tags without cluttering up the UI.
* You can now group images by supplying a .zip file, so that P2 doesn't
ask for eight billion images on every load. To use, supply a Flash
parameter with the location of the zips and the place they're
"substituting" for, like this:
Major changes for developers:
* You now need Flex 4.5.x to build
And lots of little stuff. Please note that the translation
infrastructure is still a work-in-progress and moving to Flex 4 throws
up some new challenges here
Thanks to Andy for huge amounts of work on this.
More information about the Potlatch-dev