[Potlatch-dev] Potlatch 2.3

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 19:50:14 BST 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Thanks to Andy for huge amounts of work on this.

You're welcome - it's great to see it all finally coming together!
Preparations for this release started way back in May with the fp10
branch.

There's a lot of work to be done to take advantage of various new
things - Flash Player 10 means that we can use Vectors instead of
Arrays in order to improve type safety and opens the door to local
filesystem access - think loading gpx traces - but the main thing I'm
looking forward to is using the new features of Flex 4.5 user
interface components. At the moment we have a bit of a mixed bag of
components between the old mx ones and some of the new spark ones, but
when the migration is completed we'll have great possibilities. It's
also a significant help to any other flex developers or designers who
want to jump in and help us out!

I'm hoping that some of our developers can help get to the bottom of
all of our translation issues - it's been a real bugbear for some time
now and I'd like to get it well and truly fixed.

Cheers,
Andy